Email marketing for business growth is a popular strategy that many companies use to increase their customer base and their contacts.
Yet despite the growing interest in email marketing, there are still a lot of businesses that are not really sure how this strategy fits into their marketing campaigns and to be honest, they don’t actually understand the real world benefits of email marketing.
So what benefits does email marketing really bring to the table – over more traditional marketing techniques?
To answer this question, let’s take a look at the real benefits of investing your time and hard earned money into an email marketing campaign for your business.
What are some of the benefits of email marketing to achieve business growth?
- Cost-effective: This has to be one of the best benefits of email marketing, because it is one of the most cost-effective strategies you can use to reach your customers and contacts. When you compare the time and the effort expended in direct mail-outs or telemarketing campaigns, email marketing for business growth comes out on top every time.
- Real-time marketing messages: With emails, you can send out a mass campaign of real-time messages to your list. So if you need to reduce your stock levels or promote a limited time discount special, you can notify your customer base the instant the decision is made. This reduces the time lag between setting up a campaign and seeing the results, by days or even hours.
- Instant networking: Using an email marketing approach, you can keep up to date with customer birthdays or anniversaries and send them a congratulatory message right on cue. You can also congratulate colleagues on awards or project completions or even invite the team out for a celebratory luncheon or networking get-together. Email marketing for business growth is a great way to keep in touch with people that are important to your company.
- Customized and personalized messages: When compared to more laborious and time consuming marketing methods, customized messages are a great strategy for developing your customer base and for building networking relationships with colleagues or other businesses. For example, you can segment your email list into different categories and send messages promoting special discounts in their location or inform customers that a new product model is now available at a special discount price – for a limited time.
- Increase customer loyalty: Emails are an easy and fast way to build an on-going and positive relationship with your customer base. You can send out weekly promotions, newsletters or invitations to a new product launch. How-to information is always a winner, as well as testimonials. If customers feel that you are paying attention to their needs, their loyalty can pay dividends for your profits.
- Increase brand awareness: Maintaining contact with your customer base and with colleagues or peers in other organizations helps to increase the awareness of your brand within the community. Every email you send builds brand awareness and keeps your business at the forefront of people’s minds, so when they need your products or services, they are more likely to visit your store or contact your business, rather than one of your competitors.
- Testing your messages is easy: It is always best to test multiple types of marketing messages to see which ones convert the best. With emails, you can send out different versions of your marketing messages to sub-sets of your list and quickly determine which ones are more effective than others. You can change the colours, fonts and the actual messages, even the product discounts, and based on the response rate and conversions, identify the optimum message to send out to the remainder of your list.
- Increase your profits: If customers don’t know about your special discounts or new product launches, how will that benefit your business? In this technological age, where everyone wants instant gratification and to access information at their fingertips, email marketing for business growth is just plain common sense. Building loyalty and relationships with your customer base and networking with other businesses results in not only increased conversions, sales and profits, but also in a greater share of the marketplace.
The importance of maintaining communication with contacts
Real-time communications are the lifeblood of any growing organization and email marketing is the cheapest and easiest way to reach out to people on a frequent basis. If you are not including emails in your marketing strategy, then you will be missing out on some huge benefits, such as increased customer loyalty, more leads, conversions, sales and a greater profit for your business.